Thursday, October 2, 2008

My First Blog... EVER!

JESUS IS LORD... PERIOD!

Welcome to my first ever blog. Today is Thursday, October 2, 2008. The time is 4:57pm.

I've been thinking about doing this for a while and today is the day I've actually done it! While I am engaged in sharing some of my thoughts, convictions, beliefs and ideas with respect to various Bible topics, preaching personalities, books and the like- I have never done so in this format before.

For the past few weeks I have been introduced to some blog's by other Christian brothers I have come to admire from afar. Consequently, I began to consider creating a blog (apart from the writing I do with respect to the Church where I serve as Pastor).

I'm excited and a little anxious quite frankly about this endeavor. Excited because I view this blog as an opportunity to share my thoughts from time to time with those who are interested- in with a freedom that I do not have when writing with a particular Christian theme or subject in mind. A little anxious, because I have yet to fully comprehend the magnitude of this "internet" and all that it means to share more intimate thoughts (that "once put out there" cannot be retrieved.

Nevertheless, I'm doing it. It is my prayer that readers will be encouraged and provoked in positive and Christ-centered ways.

safe in CHRIST,
S. J. Fort

No comments: