Thursday, November 8, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT!

Yes, to all of the people who believe President Obama is the poster child for non-values in America I said ... CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT! And yes, I am a Christian. Yes, I am a pastor. And yes, like you I am a sinner. However, I am most proud to say that I am a sinner saved by the love, mercy and grace of God. I've already articulated how I cannot understand the blatant hypocrisy and out right ignorance of some Christian preachers and pastors who, prior to the re-election of President Obama just two nights ago, made public statements in support of his opponent former governor Willard Mitt Romney. I hear you, I hear you, I hear you self-proclaimed, conservative, right-wing, Christians who honestly and ignorantly believe that Mr. Romney stands for the "values" that you hold so dear as a follower of Jesus Christ. Time nor space will allow me to share all that is in my heart on this matter, but for now let me raise this simple question: How can you leap frog the greatest "value" if you will of the Christian faith- namely Salvation in and through Jesus Christ alone (Solus Christus); the belief that the Bible alone is The Word of God (Sola-Scriptura); that we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ alone (Sola fide); and that it is God's grace alone (Sola gratia); that saves us. President Obama has declared with his mouth that he believes the Bible is The Word of God, he believes Jesus Christ is The only begotten Son of God and that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, died on a cross for his sins, was raised the third day and that He (Jesus Christ) is coming back again. Yet and still in the name of "values" some Christian leaders have come out in support of Mr. Romney a practicing Mormon and former leader in the Mormon church as their choice for President. Many have done this in spite of the fact that the Mormon faith is in fact a cult (regardless of whether or not Franklin Graham and/or Rev. Billy Graham the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association have removed language from their website that stating Mormonism was a cult or not). Many Christian preachers and pastors have come out in support of a man who was in active leadership in the Mormon church, and remains a major personality in the Mormon church today even though they believe such things as: God The Father was once human and through certain steps/circumstances became God Almighty, that Jesus Christ and Lucifer are brothers, that Mormon men who are faithful will, after being resurrected first and calling on/up their wife- if she has been faithful to join them will one day rule their own planet, etc., etc., etc. ... over and above President Obama- a professed and confessed Christian. Now hold it. I am not saying that I agree with President Obama on every issue. I am not saying that all of his decisions as President have been in line with every jot and tittle of The Word of God. I am not saying that he is sin free. What I am saying however is this ... ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD! Still "God commended His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners CHRIST died for us". None of us, including me, YOU, former Governor Romney and President Obama are free from the stain and guilt of sin. The Bible teaches us that God loves us ALL THE SAME regardless of who we are, what color our skin is, what we believe or don't believe, how much money we make, where we live or how we behave. God still loves us with an everlasting love. For those of you who believe the faith, doctrines and prophecies of the Mormon church and as such believe that I will not make it to one of the three levels of heaven you believe in and that in fact I am not "saved" ... I understand. Still I want to ask you to PLEASE examine The holy Bible for YOURSELF. Do so with an open mind and heart. Examine The Word of God ... the holy Bible and see if what I am saying is true. Jesus Christ loves US ALL and came to the world to SAVE US ALL! My faith is in Jesus Christ and Him alone! Now that President Obama has been re-elected here's a plea from me to you ... let's support the President of the United States. Let's agree to take a serious look at ourselves before we judge other persons. Let's admit that all of us are sinners, that all of us make mistakes, that no one is perfect. Let's rest and rely on the love, mercy and grace of God as seen and demonstrated in and through The LORD Jesus Christ. Let's do our best to love and live like The LORD Jesus Christ. Let's look beyond the color of someone's skin and seek to see the heart and spirit of that person instead. Let's NOT use words such as "values" to hide the racism in our hearts. Let's commit to be honest with God, ourselves and one another. Let's treat other people the way we want to be treated. Agape, S. J. Fort

No comments: