Monday, January 4, 2010

DAY 4 OF OUR JANUARY 2010 FAST!

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper, and be in good health, even as thy soul prospers". These words from the Apostle John, found in 3rd John, verse two have a lot to say to us.

Essentially the Apostle John shares that it is God's desire that we would "journey well"- that is, that we would "prosper". Moreover, John teaches us that the prosperity he's speaking about is spiritual at its base. Too much of the time we hear people speak about prosperity in material terms. Wrapping the idea around things like cars, cash, creature comforts, cribs and other "things" of this world. However, in this passage we learn that true prosperity is directly related to our journey with The LORD GOD.

That said, the CMBC family is still on a journey this month. A journey of fasting and prayer. I've been blogging a bit about my personal diet this month. So let me update you all a bit. Still no meat for me this month. On Saturday and Sunday, January 2nd and 3rd, I continued eating brown rice, broccoli and lentils as my primary food. I also snacked on popcorn. My only drink has been water. Today however I changed up my diet a bit. I had fruit this morning, an apple and orange to be precise, some vegetarian chips, and later some vegetarian pizza today. Again my only drink has been water.

In addition to eating watching my diet in terms of food, I'm also watching my diet in terms of prayer. I'm continuing to pray for the CMBC family at large, and the specific matters I've asked us all to pray for with respect to our God-given goals and vision for 2010 and beyond.

We had great attendance at church again yesterday. Indeed our God is better than good. We had people come forward to join the church at both the 7:50AM and 10:20AM worship services. We really need to move to another location or build another facility where we are. For those of you reading this who are not members of CMBC, but are Christians- let me solicit your prayers to The LORD JESUS CHRIST on our behalf as well. Ask The LORD to lead us in the way He wants us to go.

Safe in CHRIST,
Pastor Fort

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pastor Fort;
This is indeed a journey that will have a life changing effect on the body of Christ as well as myself. I have been eating apples, oranges spinach, turnip greens and tilapia fish, by the way I cook the vegetables without meat. My desire is that everything we have agreed upon for the body of Christ will be fulfilled Yours In Christ Sis Rachel Hammond