Friday, April 2, 2010

GOOD FRIDAY 2010

I hope each of you had a good "Good Friday".

What makes Good Friday good is that the following Sunday was Great! This week is commonly referred to as "Passion Week". The word 'passion' here speaks of the 'suffering' of my Savior and LORD, Jesus Christ.

Have you stopped to really consider all that Jesus Christ went through that the world might be saved? Jesus died that He might reconcile the world back to Himself. He died in our place. He died in our stead. He died on our behalf. Jesus Christ is "The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world".

It's Good Friday evening now. It's after eight o clock PM. My eldest daughter is spending the evening with her Grandmother and Aunt. Her aunt, a gifted cosmetologist is scheduled to "do her hair" prior to her taking pictures that will go into her announcements for her High School graduation. My youngest daughter is with her Mom, attending a Good Friday play at church in town.

I've spent the day, really the week at CMBC. We had our lobby, administrative office, conference room and sanctuary painted this week. That activity along with other regularly scheduled activities have kept me busy in a different way this week.

This morning I left home about six o clock AM. I left the church in the late afternoon. Since coming home I've made it my business to get to "my lesson". To give more time than I have earlier this week to praying over, brooding over, thinking through the sermon I hope to preach this Rsurrection Sunday morning. I'm excited about it.

If you don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and LORD, you can know Him right now. First acknowledge that you are a sinner who needs a Savior. Next, believe the Scriptures concerning The LORD Jesus Christ; believe that Jesus Christ is who the Bible claims Him to be. Namely the "only begotten Son of God". Finally, confess your sins to God. Ask Jesus Christ to be your Savior and LORD.

He'll come into your heart today. He'll come in to stay.

Tomorrow is our Annual Church picnic. Our location is the same, Kiwanis Park in Tempe Arizona. I hope we have a good crowd and a great time with one another and getting to know each other outside of the four walls of the church.

Our annual "Bake-Off" and "Barbecue-Off" are on tap. As are competitions in domino's, spades, various board games, basketball, etc. Activities are planned for the children. There's a playground and an indoor wave pool. But more important than food and games is the presence of The Savior. That's really what Resurrection Sunday is all about. It's about the fact that God came near. He loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for our sins. WOW! Amazing love.

I pray you have a blessed and beautiful Resurrection Sunday weekend. In all you do, do it to the glory and honor of God.

Safe in CHRIST,
Sherman J. Fort

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the blog as we do the times we've fellowshipped at Canaan great teacher preacher! Blessed our lives this week with the word!

Rev Keith and Psalmist Maria McAllister