Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sky Harbor Airport

I am in the famed Phoenix Internaitonal Airport. It's Saturday, April 24, 2010. I'm on my way to Carson California to preach for the inimitable Dr. Johnny Baylor.

I am personally indebted to this preacher and pastor. It was Dr. Johnny Baylor who organized and led the very first trip to Israel. Needless to say the trip was life changing, sermon altering, awe inspiring and just plain wonderful... that is to say it was "full of wonder".

I've made a decision to not go everywhere I'm invited. The fact is that every preacher of The Gospel should ask The LORD whether or not He wants us to go where it is we've been invited. We should ask The Lord for permission, should we go without His approval we may be blocking another brother The Lord intended to be at that church, convention or event- and in so doing block the very message The LORD wanted that congregation to hear.

That said, I don't know just how I got this invitation to preach for Dr. Baylor? Nevertheless I am grateful to my God and to Dr. Baylor for the opportunity.

Something else that is on my mind as I sit in this Phoenix International Airport are Biblical sermons and The Holy Spirit.

What a name we have for our airpot here in the valley of the sun... Sky Harbor. I don't know who thought of it, but it's a great name. The picture of ships docking at a harbor after coming in from a trip on the ocean. Or of ships raising their anchor preparing to go out into deep water.

As believers in Jesus Christ we too have a Harbor in the heavens. But our harbor is not for ships, it's for "The Old Ship of Zion". Our harbor in heaven is connected to our relationship with our God. Our harbor can be reached through prayer as we commune with The Father and talk to Him about what's going on in our lives. Even though we're here on earth, through the ministry of The Holy Spirit we have a harbor in heaven that we can connect to right now.

Moreover, one day we'll check in permanently to the harbor and spend all of eternity with The LORD.

Hallelujah.

Pastor Fort

No comments: