Thursday, September 30, 2010

"... I know the PLANS I have for you ..."

"For I know the plans I have for you, decleares The LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Proverbs 29:11

This popular and powerful passage of Scripture speaks in a different way to me than it has in times past.

In recent weeks I've been too busy. My mind has been occupied with a number of things ... all centered around family and ministry matters. To that end, I made a crucial mistake and completely forgot about a commitment I made to be the guest preacher at a sister church. I realized my mistake only after reading an email I received from a member of the church asking where I was?

You can imagine how bad I felt. How embarrassed I was. I immediately responded with apologies, gifts and a personal trip to the church. Nevertheless none of that takes away from the fact that I made a major mistake. In a real sense you could say that I failed to plan correctly.

The LORD God has a plan for each and every one of us. I desire to make my life line up with His plan for me. I'm convinced that I've made decisions apart from His counsel and His plan for my life. I am not saying that I missed my appointment because it was not part of God's plan for my life. What I am saying is that I need to- and have begun taking a step back to re-assess my plans. Making sure they line up with His plan for me.

It is true when we fail to plan, we plan to fail.

I don't want to fail in my planning to follow The LORD's plan for my life.

agape,
sherman fort

No comments: