Friday, October 8, 2010

ON THE EAST COAST

It's 10:26pm Arizona time and 1:26am here in Baltimore Maryland. I am so honored to be here. My friend and brother, Dr. Emil Thomas has given me the opportunity to come back to the east coast and preach at the great Destiny Church where Emil serves as pastor.

The ocassion for this Sundays service at Destiny Church is the Men's Annual Day. Pray with and for me that our God will use me for His glory and our good.

In addition to my being here, I am also thrilled to have Bro. Robert Nettles Jr. and Sis. Gail Nettles from Canaan Church here with me. Bro. Nettles serves as a musician at CMBC and has come to represent the men of CMBC in song. Sis. Nettles has come at my invitation and of course more importantly to accompany her husband. That said, let me testify to the goodness and grace of our God when I say that Bro. Nettles' uncle passed away days after we made our reservations to come to the east coast. We had no idea his Uncle was going to go home to be with The Lord when the reservations were made. His Uncle lived in North Carolina. The home-going service for his Uncle is tomorrow. Bro. and Sis. Nettles would likely not have been on the east coast and therefore not able to make the funeral had we not already made arrangements to be here. Indeed God is good. The Lord knew that Bro. Nettles' Uncle was going to die and that the funeral service would be the same weekend we were already scheduled to be here.

Both Robert and Gail are on their way to Greensboro, N.C. now. Pray for their traveling grace and mercy. Pray that the funeral service is just what The Lord wants it to be. Now then, also remember to keep Deacon Robert Nettles Sr. (Robert Jr's father and brother of the deceased) and family in prayer. He arrived in N.C. yesterday.

Even after midnight there is something exciting about being here on the east coast.

Thank you Jesus for this blessed opportunity. Use me for your glory and our good.

Amen.

Safe In CHRIST,
Sherman J. Fort

No comments: