Sunday, March 27, 2011

THANK GOD FOR PASTOR JAMES N. P RESTON

A few days ago I had the unique privilege of preaching at Bethesda Community Baptist Church in Phoenix Arizona where the Reverend James N. Preston serves as pastor.

It was truly a unique situation in that Bethesda Community Baptist Church was formerly (and first) known as Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church, under the the leadership of it's founder and pastor, the Reverend Wesley Jones Sr.

One bit of the uniqueness for me comes in the fact that both Pastor Preston and Pastor Jones have been my pastor. I was with Pastor Preston when he served as pastor of Willow Grove Baptist Church in Phoenix Arizona; and Pastor Jones when he served as pastor of Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church.

A few days ago when I was asked to preach for the closing service for Pastor and Sis. Preston's 14 year Anniversary program- both Pastor Preston and Pastor Jones were present.

In addition to these men there were other, equally noteworthy persons present. Including the inimitable Bishop Henry L. Barnwell among others. The guest churches, choirs, dance ministry, ... were all sourcees of encouragement.

All that said, I simply want to thank The LORD Jesus Christ for the opportunity to declare His Word once again.

And thank you, Pastor Preston for the privilege of coming to Bethesday Community Baptist Church. I was encouraged as I heard of the wonderful things The LORD has allowed the church to accomplish- most notably to be debt free.

To God be the glory!

safe in CHRIST,
pastor fort

No comments: