Friday, June 8, 2012

SABBATH!

Tonight is the last night of the revival here in Flagstaff. Again I repeat that Pastor LD Marion Jr. and the members of First Baptist Church have been so very kind and generous to me. For this I am grateful. This morning I had breakfast with a young man who is a full time missionary to the students at Northern Arizona University. He and his young family along with a team of others are committed to sharing The Gospel of Jesus Christ with the college students on the campus of N.A.U. It was interesting to talk with my new friend Art. Interesting in that the ministry is committed specifically to winning young, college-age people to The LORD. Statistics indicate that the majority (over 75%) of people who come to faith in Christ do so before the age of 25. Art and the ministry he works with have identified a target audience for them and they are committed to reaching that specific target group. Please join me in praying that our God will continue to use them for His glory and the good of others. As Art and I shared and as I continue to marvel in the beauty of Flagstaff and northern Arizona in-particular I am reminded that I (yea all of us); need to prioritize rest. In fact I received a text from a member of Canaan Missionary Baptist Church where I serve as pastor yesterday. This sister encouraged me then to be sure and get some rest. As my wonderful wife Angela and I continue to work at spending quality time together- both with one another and our children, let me encourage all of my fellow believers to carve out time for your families and YOURSELF also. God wants us to get adequate rest. In this way we can recharge and be revived not just spiritually but physically. A physically healthy and rested Christian can better serve The LORD. Here's to real, righteous rest. Agape, S. J. Fort, servant of JESUS CHRIST

No comments: