Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Again!

Denver Colorado is a great place. As I shared in my last email, I was blessed and honored to go there and preach at Peaceful Rest Baptist Church. The still relatively new D.I.A. (Denver International Airport); is very nice. I was particularly taken with the umbrella like structures atop the D.I.A. buildings. I asked my host what they were for? He said they were there to deflect the snow. Wow. Having been raised in California and living in Arizona for the past several years I am not familiar with heavy snow fall... unless of course I venture up to northern Arizona- the Flagstaff area in particular.

The worship services at Peaceful Rest were rewarding. They are a vibrant and vivacious people. Once again I'm convinced that our world... "it's a small world after all". While in Denver I met people who knew of Sis. Fort indirectly (via High School classmates); and another person who worked with my brother in one of the churches where he served as pastor in years past.

This idea of "six degrees of separation" is in play.

I was blessed to get to the airport early. Shortly after arriving at the gate an announcement was made that the flight was over-booked. They bagan soliciting people to take advantage of another flight with promises of gifts from the airline.

You know I didn't even consider it. When I'm ready to get home, I'm ready to get home. There really is no place like home!

Thank you Lord for a great weekend.

Agape,
S J Fort

No comments: