Monday, July 19, 2010

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

To God be the glory!

Yesterday, Sunday, July 18, 2010 was my first Sunday back at Canaan Missionary Baptist Church. It was my first time back in the Canaan pulpit. Without question the day was one I looked forward to with great anticipation. The LORD allowed me to preach The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

In addition to preaching I also spent time with those in the adult Sunday School class as well. We were blessed to see some persons come forward for membership during the invitation hour at the 10:20AM service. I was happy as well to host some guests and new members in my office following the 10:20AM service for a time of fellowship and prayer.

I want to thank The LORD JESUS CHRIST for His love, mercy and grace toward me. While I was happy and honored to preach at the great Peaceful Rest Baptist Church in Aurora Colorado just one week ago, indeed there is "no place like home".

Thank you Canaan for a warm welcome back home.

Safe in CHRIST,
Sherman Fort

No comments: