Saturday, July 10, 2010

Peaceful Rest Baptist Church, Denver Colorado

It's Saturday afternoon, June 10, 2010.

I am blessed and honored to have received an invitation to preach the Ushers Annual Day at Peaceful Rest Baptist Church, Aurora, CO., Rev. Lorenzo Stewart, Pastor. If I remember correctly this invitation came some time last year and the weekend for this ocassion has finally arrived.

The plane touched down in Denver this morning. I was met at the airport by the Rev. Donald K. Crockhom, Assistant Pastor. This brother has been a kind and courteous host. He shared with me that he would be the one to pick me up for Sunday worship service and take me to the airport on Monday morning. I'm grateful for his easy going, down to earth spirit.

After leaving the airport Rev. Crockhom took me to the church so that I could meet the pastor and see the church building. Upon arrival at the church we found the pastor conducting what I perceived to be a regularly scheduled committee or auxiliary meeting with auxiliary and/or ministry chairpersons and leaders.

Following the meeting I was privileged to meet the pastor and a number of the members. They were all gracious.

After leaving the church, Rev. Crockhom took me to get something to eat. I am now in my room at the Red Lion Hotel near downtown Denver. While enroute to our various locations today, Rev. Crockhom was sure to point out several key buildings to me. Including the Pepsi Center, home of the Denver Nuggets; and Invesco Field, home of the Denver Broncos.

All that said, I'm glad to be in the room now. I just spoke with Sis. Fort for the second or third time since being here. Listen, I sent a text to her earlier... yes that's right I sent a text... I know big stuff huh?

I sent the text before calling earlier because Sis. Fort had a client she was providing service to at the time.

Well I've already opened the Bible. Pray for me that The LORD will give me clarity of mind and heart; that I will preach with passion and Holy Spirit power; that people would be saved, healed, strengthened, delivered and set free.

Thank you Pastor Lorenzo Stewart for the opportunity to preach at Peaceful Rest Baptist Church. Thank you Sis. Hampton for all you've done. Thank you Rev. Crockhom for your kindness, gas and time.

Most importantly THANK YOU LORD for Your love, mercy and grace.

Agape,
Sherman J. Fort

No comments: