Thursday, July 22, 2010

RAISE YOUR HANDS IF YOU'RE "SURE"!

My first week back in the pulpit at Canaan Missionary Baptist Church was good. We had five people come forward to join the church at the second service. For all that The LORD did I am grateful and glad.

My first week back in the church has proven good as well. In addition to going into the church office this week I also held two Vision Casting meeting's as it were with the CMBC family. I conducted the Vision Casting meetings at our regularly scheduled Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon Bible Study hour(s).

I had much to share including the idea of going to a third Sunday morning worship service. While I thought I'd made up my mind on moving forward with the matter, following my time with the Wednesday afternoon group and of course time in prayer and other times of consultation I've decided to shelve this idea for the time being.

THere are times in life when we need to put certain moves on "pause". When we need to take a second look at a situation. I'm reminded of a story I heard concerning a preacher who I admire much... Bishop Kenneth C. Ulmer, pastor of the Faithful Central Bible Church in Los Angeles California. It is said that after Bishop Ulmer had made up his mind to join the Full Gospel Baptist Fellowship some years ago; and after spending considerable time teaching the FCBC family, from The Word of God with respect to his decision- he took the matter to a vote. That is to say he desired to have 100% of the people vote in favor of the move. I'm told that just a few people voted in the negative. I'm told that Bishop Ulmer then decided to sideline the move and spent another six months or so teaching his congregatioin. He then revisited the vote and subsequently joined the FBF.

Now, I don't have it on record from Bishop Ulmer that this actually happened this way. And we all know how stories can start and then grow. That said, the principle of patience can be seen in the story.

For the time being I'm going to "delay that order" to go to a third service. For the time being I'm going to put my hands back down... because I don't have a "sure" conviction about this move just yet.

How about you? What have you been contemplating with respect to your relationship with The Lord lately? I mean what move(s) have been in your heart to make? Whatever they are start with God, stay with God, end with God. Then go ahead... RAISE YOUR HANDS!... if you're sure.

Pray for me. Ask The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to do in me what He desires. Ask The LORD to take control of my mind, mouth, body, soul and spirit.

Agape,
Pastor Fort

No comments: